Sysent is looking for a Node.js Developer with a minimum of two years of experience responsible for managing data interchange between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be developing all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
You will work alongside our Lead developer and collaborate with the team on all activities below.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks like Express, Koa and Keystone.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, Nunjucks.
- Basic knowledge of front-end technologies, such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- User authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of various data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.